VENETIAN MACAU PARCELS 5 & 6 SANDS COTAI CENTRAL
The Venetian Macau Parcels 5 and 6 project, now known as Sands Cotai Central, is an integrated resort development providing over 6,000 hotel rooms, 1.2 million ft² of retail space and 300,000 ft² of gaming space. International hotel giants Sheraton, Conrad and Holiday Inn provide 5 Star comfort whilst pedestrian walkways link Sands Cotai Central to the Venetian Macau.
Great Harvest was contracted to undertake various fit out packages on the Venetian Macau Parcels 5 and 6, including:
- Waterproofing and Fit Out for Podium Roof;
- Podium ‘Back of House’ Fit Out at Basement and Lower Ground;
- Podium Car Park Fit Out - Utility at Level B1 & LG;
- Podium Substation Fit Out;
- Central Chiller Plant Room Fit Out;
- Podium In-House Kitchen & Dining Room Fit-Out at Basement and Lower Ground;
- Podium Level 1 and 1M Back of House Fit-Out;
- Podium Level 2 and 3 Back of House Fit-Out;
- Podium Level 4 and 5, Level 6 and Escape Stair Back of House Fit-Out.
All trade contracts were terminated in 2009 due to Owner funding issues, but Great Harvest was invited to re-tender for the same works some 5 months later.
Aspect Asia’s Involvement
Aspect Asia provided commercial and contractual advice regarding the suspension of the works, prepared claims for additional payment on the various trade contracts due to the suspension of the works and other delay events and subsequently provided advice on the resumption of the trade contracts. Aspect Asia also undertook the drafting of appropriate contractual correspondence to assist Great Harvest in protecting its commercial position during the original trade contracts and following the resumption of the works.
Through the preparation of detailed and robust claim submissions Aspect Asia was able to ensure that Great Harvest was in a strong contractual position when negotiating compensation for the Owner’s termination and upon resumption of the work under the newly negotiated trade contracts.